Friday, April 18, 2008

24. DUTY TOWARDS WIFE




God says:

….in accordance with justice, the rights of the wives (with regard to their husbands) are equal to the (husbands`) rights with regard to them…. Q.2: 228

Verily those who falsely, (and without repentance,) accuse chaste women who may have been unthinkingly careless but have remained true to their faith, shall be rejected (from God’s grace) in this world as well as in the life to come: and awesome suffering awaits them on the Day when their own tongues and hands and feet will bear witness against them by [recalling] all that they did! -- Q.24: 23,24



Prophet said:


1. Bibi Ayesha reported that (once when) she had accompanied the Prophet on a journey she raced with him on foot and overtook him. Later, when she had put on weight she had (an occasion to again) race with him, and he overtook her. He said, “This is for that defeat” – H: Abu Daud.

2. Bibi Ayesha reported: While the Negroes were showing their skill with spears inside the mosque, the Prophet was standing at the entrance of my room holding his sheet for cover, enabling me to look at their sport from between his ear and his shoulder. He kept on for my sake until I left. -- Bukhari and Muslim.

3. Bibi Ayesha reported: The Messenger of God told me, ”I know for certain when you are pleased with me and when you are not.” I asked: how do you know that? He replied,” When you are pleased with me you say ‘No, by the Lord of Muhammad’ and when you are displeased, you say ‘No, by the Lord of Abraham’. I said: Yes, O Messenger of God! By God I shall leave nothing but only your name. – H: Bukhari and Muslim.

4. Same reported that, when the Messenger of God had returned from the battle of Tabrk or of Hunain. (Then it so happened that) the blowing wind partly moved the curtain of her store area and, hence, disclosed the daughters (dolls) of Ayesha. He asked,”O Ayesha! What is this?” She said: My daughters. Then he saw among them a horse that had two wings made of rags, (so) he enquired, “What is this that I see in their midst?” She said: a horse. He asked, ”And what is this thing over it?” Two wings, she said. He remarked, “Horse having two wings!” She said: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses having wings? He laughed heartily till I saw his rear teeth. – H: Abu Daud.