Friday, October 24, 2008

2.01 SEEKING REFUGE OF GOD (concluded)



God says:

“When you do read Qur’an seek refuge with God from Satan, the accursed.”*- Q.16: 98

*That means protection against whispering of ‘all the evils forces both within man’s own soul and within his social environment which tend to undermine his moral convictions and to lead him away from God.


And say: “O my Sustainer! I seek refuge with Thee from the promptings of all evil impulses;* and I seek refuge with Thee, O my Sustainer, lest they come near unto me!” -- Q.23: 97,98

*Lit., “of the satans” or “satanic forces”


Say: “I seek refuge from the Sustainer of the rising dawn, from the evil of aught that He has created, from the evil of the black darkness when it descends, and from the evil of the human beings bent on occult endeavors and from the evil of the envious when he envies.”- Q.113: 1-5


Say: “I seek refuge from the Sustainer of mankind, the Sovereign of mankind, the God of mankind, from the evil of the whispering elusive tempter who whispers in the hearts of mankind – from all [temptation to evil by] invisible forces as well as men.”-- Q.114: 1.6

Prophet said:

1. “O God! I seek refuge to thee from the evils of what I have done and from the evils of what I have not done” – H: Muslim. N: Bibi Ayesha.

2. “O God! I seek refuge to thee from undesirable manners, actions and passions” – H Tirmizi. N: Qutbah-b-Malek.

3. “No harm shall befall the person for the duration of his stay who, upon entering a house, says: ‘I seek refuge in the perfect words of God against all created evil’ ” – H: Muslim. N: Khawla-b-Hakim.