Friday, May 1, 2009

2.14. FALSE PRIDE

God says
And walk not on earth haughtily, for you cannot rent the earth asunder nor reach the mountains in height -- Q.17:37
And swell not your cheek at people in pride, and walk not haughtily on earth, for God does not love anyone who , out of self-conceit , acts in a boastful manner. Hence be modest in your bearing, and lower your voice: for the ugliest of all voices is the (voice) of asses -- Q.31:18,19
Is not hell the [proper] place for all who are given to false pride? -- Q.39 : 60

Moses said (to Pharaoh), “with (Him who is) my Lord and your Lord have I indeed found refuge from everyone who, immersed in false pride, will not believe in the Day of Reckoning!” - -- Q. 40:27

Prophet said
1. “Let me inform you about the inmates of hell: every ignoble, uncivil, proud man”– H: Bukhari and Muslim. N: Haresah-b-Wahb.

2. “God said : Pride is my cloak and greatness. My robe and whoever competes with me in respect with either of them I shall admit him in the hell-fire”– N: Hades Qudsi: Muslim. N: Abu Hurairah.