Friday, July 29, 2011

Ramadhan Special




GOD RESPONDS TO THE PRAYER!
[Example: Soorat al Fatihah]

In a hadith qudsi,* the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said: “Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, has said: I have divided the prayer between Myself and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.
When the servant says: Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds,
Allah the Exalted says: My servant has praised Me.
When the servant says: The, Ever Graceful the Most Gracious,
Allah the Exalted says: My servant has Exalted Me.
When the servant says: Master of the Day of Judgement,
Allah the Exalted says: My servant has glorified Me.
When the servant says: It is You alone do we worship and it is You alone we ask for help,
Allah the Exalted says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.
When the servant says: Guide us to the straight way, the way of those on whom You have bestowed Your grace, those whose portion is not wrath, and who go not astray,
Allah the Exalted says: All these are for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.”-- Saheeh Muslim.

*hadith qudsi: ‘sacred hadith’: a hadith communicated to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) by Allah, but it is not part of the Qur’an.

(Adapted from Al- Khushoo‘ by Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid)

How wonderful! God the Exalted responds the prayer, and says in verse 4 of Surah 73: “ recite the Quran calmly and distinctly with thy mind attuned to its meaning.”


What could be better ‘ibadat in Ramadhan than to spend affordable time in understanding the Qur’an, its meanings and explanations, rather than reading God’s Message without understanding!