Friday, February 24, 2012

3.40.ABOUNDING MERCY OF GOD (to be continued)




God says

[And so it is] that God imposes suffering on the hypocrites, both men and women, as well as on men and women who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him.* [And so, too, it is] that God turns in His mercy unto the believing men and believing women: for God is indeed much-forgiving, a most gracious. -- Q.33:73
*In other words, on those who offend against what their own reason and conscience would have them do. This suffering whether in this world or in the hereafter, is but a causal consequence of man’s own moral failure and not an arbitrary act of God. (C.f., 2:7 which speaks of God “sealing” the heart of those who are bent on denying the truth.)


Q.21:107-- [O Prophet] We have sent thee as [an evidence of Our] grace towards all the worlds.
Truly a great mercy. The fact is that we knew about God through the Prophet.
He is ‘a Beacon of Light (Q.35:46)’ and ‘best model for everyone (Q.33:21).’ God says, “follow him so that you might find guidance”(7:158), and had asked him to say to mankind: “if you love God, follow me: God will love you and forgive you your sins” (Q.3:31).


Prophet said

“ (God said) I am with My servant as he thinks I am. I am with him when he makes a mention of Me. If he makes a mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and when he makes a mention of Me in an assembly, I make a mention of him in an assembly better than his. And if he comes to Me a hand’s span, I go to him an arm’s length; if he draws close an arm arm’s length, I go to him a fathom. And if he comes to Me walking, I hasten to him.” -- Hadees Quidsi: Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi and Ibn Majah. N: Abu Hurairah.